Christine Dey, Director
Scott Crabtree, Assistant
The Social Services Office is available to anyone in the Readington Township community. Regular office hours are between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Emergency services are available at all times.
We provide a variety of services to residents including assessments, information about programs and referrals to community resources. In addition, we offer help with applying to programs such as PAAD, Lifeline, Home Energy Assistance, Senior Tax freeze and many more.
Programs available to Readington Twp Residents:
- File of Life: The File of L.I.F.E. (Life-saving Information for Emergencies) program is administered by the Readington Township Social Service Department. The File of Life allows individuals to communicate with emergency responders even if they are unresponsive. The File of Life is a plastic pouch that hangs on your refrigerator and contains a medical data form with your medical history, prescriptions, allergies, and emergency contacts. To participate in this program or for further questions please contact the Social Services Department.
- Blue Angel Project: Operation Blue Angel is administered by the Readington Township Police Department. The program includes a lock box, owned and maintained by the police department that will be placed on the participant’s door by police personnel. The lock box will contain a key to the residence, which the resident must supply. The key will only be accessed by responding police officers in the event of an emergency where officers cannot gain access to the residence. The Operation Blue Angel program lockbox will not be accessed by anyone for any other purpose. Applications for this program can be found on the police department website https://www.readingtontwpnj.gov/public-safety/police-2. If you have questions or need further information, please contact the Police Department M-F 8:30 am-4:30 pm at 908-534-4031.
- The Food Pantry will provide emergency food to those in need. Food pantry is open M-F 8:30am-4:30pm. Please call to request food and pick up time. Donations are accepted all year long. Readington Area Starfish holds four major food distributions at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and the Fourth of July.
- Readington Starfish assists Township residents with emergency needs. Call to discuss your situation in confidence at 908-534-0974.
- Readington Seniors Club: This organization promotes good fellowship, meaningful activities, helpful information, entertaining trips for the senior citizens of Readington Township.
Meetings: 3rd Wednesday of the month
Time: 12:00 pm
Location: Our Lady of Lourdes Church
Corner of Route 523 and Pulaski Road, Whitehouse Station, NJ