THE READINGTON MUSEUMS
NEW JERSEY’S HIDDEN TREASURES
The Readington Museums, located in beautiful central New Jersey, were established to promote an understanding and appreciation of early New Jersey and Readington's history and culture through education, research, preservation, collection, and interpretation. The properties constituting the Museums are intended to be utilized as educational living history experiences for the community; to provide an appropriate setting for interpreting and preserving collections of artifacts relating to the history of the Township; and to offer an historic venue for a broad range of activities for Readington residents, such as educational programs, community cultural events and meetings of groups interested in local history. Offices for the Readington Museums are located in the lovely Bouman-Stickney Farmhouse, a 1741 Dutch bank house on 68 acres of preserved Open Space.
Eversole-Hall House circa 1753
Cold Brook School
To Contact Program Director:
- Office Address: 114 Dreahook Road, Stanton, NJ 08885
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 216, Stanton, NJ 08885
- Phone: 908-236-2327
- Fax: 908-236-2306
Click Here for our new oral history articles by history intern, Barbara Krasner.
The Readington Museums received an operating support re-grant from the Hunterdon County Cultural & Heritage Commission, with funds from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State.